Are you still getting an error code 0x97 when using your Epson printer? This is a warning message that the printer is experiencing an internal problem. This can occur due to an internal component failure or motherboard malfunction. Missing or outdated printer drivers can also cause it. The Epson printer error code 0x97 can also be caused by incorrect printer settings. This error will cause your printer to stop printing immediately and not resume until the problem is resolved. This blog will explain how to fix the error message and what it is.
What causes the Epson Error 0x97 error?
The printer will stop working when the error trigger occurs. Let’s take a closer look at the causes of the Epson printer causing the error. Below are some possible causes.
- You have set the wrong configuration of your printer.
- Driver for your printer that is missing, incompatible, or out of date
- The printer’s printheads are blocked or clogged.
Understanding the causes of the error code will allow you to identify the root cause and resolve it quickly. Move on to the solutions that will help you troubleshoot the error message from your printer.
How to Repair Epson Printers 0x97 Error
To fix the printer error, please read the following steps. To fix the Epson printer error message, please follow each solution. Let’s get started with fixing the Epson printer error code problem.
Resetting the printer is the first step to resolving the problem. This resets the printer to its original state and removes any incorrect settings. This procedure will allow you to reset your Epson printer quickly and easily.
- First, unplug the Epson printer.
- Take out the USB cable that connects the printer to the computer.
- For a few moments, turn off the power and leave the printer unattended.
- Hold the power button on your printer for at least 60 seconds.
- Make sure to attach all cables to the printer while you keep the power button pressed.
- Hold the Power button down and press it again.
- This will reset the printer, restoring it to its normal state.
You can also update your firmware to fix the error code. A printer that is not up-to-date can give an error code of 0x97. Follow the below instructions to update your Epson firmware.
- First, open Applications.
- Start Epson Software Updater, and select Epson Update Firmware.
- To activate the printer driver update, check the Firmware Updater box.
- To proceed with the installation, click on Install.
- Wait until the update is complete. “
- These steps will enable you to update the Epson printer driver successfully.
If the Epson printer’s printhead or nozzles become blocked, an error code 0x97 may be displayed. Take out the cartridge to remove an error message from your Epson printer. Next, clean the printer head with the instructions below.
- Take the power cable for the printer from the primary power source.
- Remove the cartridges one at a time from the printer.
- Then, use a clean, lint-free cloth to dip in a solvent.
- To remove excess solvent, squeeze the cloth.
- Use the cloth to clean the lower part of the printhead gently.
- Avoid rubbing the printhead too hard, as this can cause damage to the nozzles.
- Place the cartridge in an open area for at least 10 minutes.
- Once the ink has dried completely, you can put the cartridges back in the printer.
- To verify that the issue has been resolved, run the printer and print a job.
You can also run the troubleshooter to resolve your printer issue quickly. To troubleshoot the printer problem, you can follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the Settings section from the Start button to begin the process.
- Click on the Troubleshoot button under the Update and Security tab.
- Click on the Printers button to expand the Troubleshoot screen.
- Click on the “Run troubleshooter” button under the Printers tab.
- Select your Epson printer from our Printers List and run the troubleshooter.
- The troubleshooter can be used to resolve the error code message 0x97.
These solutions will resolve your printer error code 0x97 quickly. The problem must be identified, and the solution found using the correct troubleshooting techniques.